2023 APPLICATION PROCESS
Scholarship applicant must:
• be a full-time student (includes male and female students) at one of the following schools in Newton County – Alcovy High School, Eastside High School, or Newton High School
• be a full-time student (includes male and female students) at one of the following schools in Rockdale County – Heritage High School, Rockdale High School, or Salem High School
• have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) and submit an official high school transcript; the transcript must cite the applicant's cumulative grade point average
• submit a typed essay (see essay topic and criteria listed in application under ATTACHMENTS)
Topic: Based on financial need, describe how winning this scholarship would impact your future plans
• submit copy of college application verification form
*** If you have your acceptance letter, verification form is not needed***
• submit a copy of college acceptance letter, once it comes available
• submit (1) signed letter of recommendation from school (teacher--former or present, counselors, principals, etc.)
• submit (1) signed letter of recommendation from a representative of a non-school related community service or organization that the applicant participated in; letter must be on the organization’s letterhead; persons writing letter of recommendation should specify relationship or capacity in which they know or have observed the applicant and SIGN the letter
NOTE: Unsigned letters of recommendation will not be accepted; therefore, the application package will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
• sign application
• mail completed application along with essay, acceptance letter, official transcript, and letters of recommendation to:
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
Chi Tau Omega Chapter Attn: Scholarship Committee
Conyers, GA 30013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All materials must be postmarked by April 9, 2023. All information on this form is considered confidential. All materials become the property of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Chi Tau Omega Chapter.
**If any items are omitted, applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
**Certificates will be presented to the winners during the 2023 Honors Night program at their school.